Monday, August 01, 2005

tough e-mail

an e-mail from a friend:

"This weekend during a fight -- told me if I was so miserable why don't i just leave. I almost did. He doesn't know that I cleaned up the spare bedroom so that I could sleep in there (if it came to that), not because it was messy. There are still some days that I want to run away, that I seriously contemplate about going home. These days are less now. I think it might be silly that I go home sometimes just for the kids. In October it will have been 3 years. Seems unreal that it has been that long and I am still here. I didn't think I could make it. What I can't figure out now is how to fall back in love. I still care about him but how do you get back to that place where you look at him and just know that everything is okay. Some days I wish I would have never found out that he cheated on me and that somehow we would have gotten better and I would live in ignorant bliss."


so what would you tell my friend? leave a comment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Suzanne said...

Eek. That is a tough one. You can never really give anyone advice on something like that, unless you've been there yourself, and even then, everyone has to make their own choices. It seems, it would be hard to "fall back into love" if there's no trust. Probably the best thing to do is let her know you support her, no matter what she decides. I hope it will all work out for her.
Won't be there tonight, but hope to see you at Essential next week.

Wed Aug 03, 10:12:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home