Monday, July 17, 2006

i have a right to an opinion

i'm outraged, as a creative person, as a potential designer as a human being. incensed, angry, livid, irate, whatever word you choose, i'm fucking pissed. i've thought about not posting this for several days and how (maybe in the future) it may affect me if i do get into designing knitwear on some level. i've decided to post because i'm still angry, and because it's the right thing to do. before my friend daniel sent me a link to www.virtualyarns.com i knew nothing about this and as they should say ignorance is not bliss.

please click here to read about Alice Starmore and her 'relationship' with Rowan.

now, after your have gone to virtualyarns.com you know why with every fiber of my being i will never knit with rowan yarn or with a rowan pattern. from this point on i will be boycotting the fiber and the magazine and if you are a designer of any kind of craft or art you should be on the boat too. check back soon, i'll have a button for your site saying 'i boycott rowan'

1 Comments:

Blogger Inmate said...

I was just flabbergast on the audacity of some people and what they think they can get away with. I didn't mean to piss you off with this article, but I knew something was fishy when I first saw "Harris Tweed" yarn made by Rowan and knew something was up. I didn't at the time realize they were draging Alice into it, but that's why I love her. She doesn't hold back and fights for her rights and in turn the rights of all other artists. Maybe Rowan should be introduced to Chihuly?

Tue Jul 18, 10:13:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home